Shadows are only going to highlight features you don’t like, from wrinkles to imperfections. Lorna says natural daylight “is most flattering for skin and complexion” – facing a window or open door is your best bet.
Elongate Your Body
Want to look taller and slimmer? Lorna suggests tilting the camera upwards to elongate your shape. “I often ask people who take my pic to crouch down a little when they point and shoot.” Just ensure they’re standing a safe distance from you to avoid the double chin.
“Heaven for a sunny beach evening”
Twist Your Body
Front-on shots can sometimes look boxy, whereas a distorted angle will give the illusion of a tiny waist. Angle one of your hips towards the camera, and put your hand on your hip nearest the photographer to emphasise your curves.
Cross Your Ankles
If you are forced into a front-on shot, crossing your ankles will automatically make your legs look longer.
Mango Coconut and Orange Vodka Crush
- 4 ounces vodka
- ½ cup mango puree
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- lime wedges
- Mango Puree
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
For the Mango Puree:
- In a small pan, add the mango, water, sugar and salt. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add to the jar of a blender and puree until smooth.
- Fill two glasses with ice cubes and add the vodka.
- In a separate pitcher, mix together the mango puree and coconut milk and then pour it over the vodka. Top with the orange juice and a squeeze of lime.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2